The city of Fort Wayne issued this news release today:
Fort Wayne, Ind. -- Street Department Crews will begin the second pass of leaf collection in southside neighborhoods on Monday, December 9, 2019. Residents are encouraged to visit the webpage cityoffortwayne.org/leaves, for daily updates showing the neighborhoods they will be in each day. The webpage, along with a leaf phone line at 427-2603, are updated by 3:00 p.m.
The weather that’s produced cooler temperatures and windy conditions brought an abundance of leaves down in the past several weeks, and crews will still be collecting leaves in central neighborhoods through the weekend.
Residents wanting biodegradable paper leaf bags collected should call 311 to schedule a pick-up. The bags should be at the curb, and collection will be within two business days of the call to 311.
- Rake leaves to the park strip by 7 a.m. on the first day of the week when crews will be in your area.
- Don’t put leaves in your garbage or recycling cart. It is against the State of Indiana law.
- Don’t burn leaves. It’s a violation of City Code and can result in a fine.
- Don’t place leaves in the street.
- Don’t mix other yard waste with leaves.
- Don’t put leaves in or over storm drains or in the ditch.
- For safety, and to assist motorists, parents should remind children to not play in leaf piles near the street.