Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:00 am
Commissioners OK resurfacing projects
DAVE GONG | The Journal Gazette
In a 2-0 vote Friday, the Allen County commissioners approved a project that will repair eight roads.
The eight roads in the $1,106,143 resurfacing package:
• Arcola Road from O'Day Road to Flaugh Road
• Butler Road from Leesburg Road to the Fort Wayne city limits
• California Road from Flaugh Road to Kroemer Road
• Haeman Road from Bass Road to Leesburg Road
• Kroemer Road from Leesburg Road to California Road
• Kroemer Road from U.S. 30 to Washington Center Road
• Leesburg Road from O'Day Road to the Fort Wayne city limits
• Scott Road from Indiana 14 to Bass Road
“Are these then done in a way to make it not any more of a frustration?” Commissioner Therese Brown asked.
“Because Kroemer Road is being currently worked on and the bridge is out. There's just dynamic going on over there.”
The highway department will do its best to avoid increasing congestion or traffic stoppages, County Engineer Mike Thornson said.
“A lot of it's away from current construction, but there is some of it that gets closer. They're smaller sections,” he said.
In other business, the commissioners approved a $1,342.84 increase to the roundabout project on Liberty Mills Road at West County Line Road.
However, the county won't pay the majority of that cost. The project is 80% funded, and half of the local 20% for this project is being paid by Whitley County, Thornson said.
Allen County's portion comes out to about $134.29.