Downtown Fort Wayne is seen through the wall over the stage of the former Scottish Rite Cathedral on East Washington Boulevard on June 23, 1967.
The building, dedicated in 1909 and used until 1958, was in the process of being razed. It sat at the corner of Washington and Clinton Street next to the Masonic Temple. The Scottish Rite is a branch of the Masons.
In 1958, the Scottish Rite had moved to West Berry Street in what is now University of Saint Francis' Robert Goldstine Performing Arts Center. That building had originally been built as the Mizpah Shrine in the mid-1920s.
To suggest a date or subject for History Journal, email Corey McMaken at firstname.lastname@example.org.