Reader Engagement Editor Corey McMaken is a Fort Wayne native and has been with The Journal Gazette since 2004. He writes about arts, entertainment, food and area history. He also works with social media, newsletters and other digital projects
firstname.lastname@example.org | 260-461-8475
Stories by Corey McMaken
In the fall of 1972, work was underway to remove the Anthony Boulevard bridge over the Maumee River next to the river dam.
September 23, 2021 1:00 am
- All For One opens thought-provoking comedy in Fort Wayne
- March 26, 1952: Statues adorn Harlan homestead
- Coliseum, churches among new Fort Wayne sites in Be a Tourist in Your Own Hometown
- Oct. 17, 1947: Bridge falls in truck accident
- Lemon livens up potatoes
- Summer Album 2021: Readers share favorite memories
- From the pages of history
- Spotlight: Local artist John Wade III
- December 1903: John W. Terrell murder trial
- Taste of the Arts plans art trail through downtown Fort Wayne
- Local sisters compete in 'Magic Bake-Off'
- Fort Wayne Philharmonic announces season for youth programs
- Elm disease consumed decades
- Director has full-circle moment with 'Gods Favorite'
- Spotlight: Dan Dickerson, The Harp Condition
- Fort Wayne Artists Guild highlights plein air work with activities, exhibits
- April 24, 1951: Streetcars rust in junkyard
- Emotions put into dance for "Collective Expressions"
- Classic ballets among company's fall plans
- July 14, 1984: Canoe wedding on the St. Marys
- Philharmonic announces sensory show, family concerts and chamber series
- Chaos, fans enjoyed by opener of series
- Dragon boats return to Promenade Park
- July 16, 1947: Flash flooding in city
- Muffins to grab for breakfast – or dessert
- Covington Art Fair returns after year off
- Dec. 4, 1950: Clogged intake slows water in city
- Spotlight: Aaron Hawley stars in "Les Misérables"
- Civic opens season with bawdy, silly 'Forum'
- July 3, 1969: Work on City-County Building
- Large donation of glass art headlines museum exhibition
- June 17, 1966: Swimming lessons go from fear to fun
- Many Three Rivers Festival favorites back
- Library's Rock the Plaza returning in August
- Local musicians to take spotlight
- June 1976: Carving Johnny Appleseed
- Pack picnic of chicken salad
- Bursting in air: Fireworks displays set for Fort Wayne, area
- Conservatory takes visitors to Old West
- March 6, 1948: 4-H Charm School